Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sweet and sour baked chicken

So here is a recipe I found and made and really like also add a few changes my to my taste.

3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup corn starch
2 beaten eggs
1/4 cup oil
For sauce
3/4 cup sugar
4Tbs ketchup
1Tbs garlic salt
1Tbs soy sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup white vinegar

I'd also say to add orange zest it would really make this pop it really taste like orange chicken to me so some orange zest would really go a long way in this also i would also throw in a few Szechwan peppers all to your taste.

Cut chicken breasts into chunks and toss in cornstarch, then dip in egg. Heat oil and brown the chicken (don't cook through just brown). Put browned chicken into a baking dish. Mix the ingredients for the sauce in separate bowl and pour over chicken and stir to coat. Put in a 350° oven and bake 30 minutes stirring to coat every 10 minutes. Serve over rice


0 comments:

Post a Comment